Google Search

Google
 

Thursday, December 28, 2006

How I Came About Google Adwords Campaign

I am a Student. I am always looking for new ways to increase revenue. While trying my hand at internet marketing, I stumbled across Google Adwords, this is Google’s pay per click service, where your ad is displayed when the potential customer searches for related terms that you choose.

So I signed up and created an ad campaign, then typed in some keywords and waited for all the business to roll in. The only problem was, there wasn’t any business rolling in! Over the next several days, I experimented with different things and started to see some work generated from my efforts, but nothing to brag about. I was spending almost as much as I was making.

Like so many other people, I was ready to give up when I wasn’t making the money I had always dreamed about. One day I was doing a Google search on the term “pay per click” and found a website that teaches you how to use Google Adwords.

The website was owned by a man named Perry Marshall and the course that he was teaching was called “The Definitive Guide to Google Adwords." So I signed up for there 5 day free course that let’s you take a sneak peak at the nuts and bolts of the course. It was literally the best thing I’ve ever done for my business.

I consider myself very lucky that I picked this course, there were so many other courses offering the same thing. I was really confused on which one to get.

Within about two weeks of using the principles taught in the course, I more than quadrupled my revenue! I’ve now been using Adwords for a little more than a year and I am consistently producing revenue between $1000 and $2300 per week in my carpet cleaning business using only online advertising.

I stay in the #1 to #3 position in Google for the search term "carpet cleaning dallas" which is searched over 2300 times per month by consumers. At the moment, I'm paying around $2 per click. Not bad considering my average carpet cleaning ticket is $140.00.

The really great thing about pay per click is that you don’t have to rely on SEO tactics to make money in your niche. Just simply write something creative, copy some good keywords and put your ad online. It doesn’t get any easier than that.